First and foremost, I think this ranking is an impossible feat. How on earth could you narrow down your favorites from across the country? Maybe one or two cities?
It’s also awesome that Bon Appetit had each of the chef’s make a list of their own favorite restaurants. i think it’s hilarious that David Chang picked the Cheesecake Factory, and I love that Sean Brock of Husk picked Blue Hill Stone Barns.
So, what would be on your list? I’m just starting to think about mine. Stay tuned…
Last year I got stuck in the Miami airport with our photo crew. After eight hours of boredom, we made a list of the top 25 things to do when you’re stranded at an airport. Needless to say, a few cocktails definitely helped our creative ideation.
Without further ado, here’s the list (in no particular order):
- Get drunk
- Set up an iPod and speakers and have a dance party
- Host a group nap
- Try to create a costume out of the contents of your suitcase/carry-on
- Stand in Duty Free and pretend to be a perfume girl/guy
- See how many phone numbers you can collect
- Play charades
- Wear large sunglasses and introduce yourself to people as a “celebrity”
- Host a talent competition at your gate
- Talk yourself into an Admirals Lounges
- Set up a kissing booth and raise money for charity
- Convince a stranger to switch boarding passes with you
- Coordinate a flash mob
- Hold a casting for your new best friend
- Pretend to read palms
- Ask a random stranger to ballroom dance in the hallway
- Practice joining the mile-high club in the airport bathroom
- Talk a bartender into allowing you to guest-bartend
- Build a fort with coats and scarves
- Set up a bowling alley with empty soda cans
- Make up a fake identity and see how many people you can convince
- Teach a step class at the gate using the chairs
- Slip-and-slide down the airport hallway using neck pillows
- Start a wave and try to get it to go down the entire length of the terminal
- Learn how to say f**k you in 20 different languages
I want EVERYTHING from the Emerson Fry spring collection. Available 2/19!